Re: Linux and ADSL

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 10:24:49AM -0700, Scott Stone wrote:

> do you guys get static IPs on DSL in Japan?  You have to pay extra for them
> here... currently PacBell will give you NO statics for $50/mo, or 5 statics
> for $65/mo.. but you still have to pay about $180/mo to get more than 128k
> upstream.  bah.

You mean for personal use?
When I was in little Tokyo in downtown Los Angeles last year, I tried to get
cable modem service, But I was turned down. Since it was not in residential area.
Obviously in Japan there is no Zone regulation. And if you pay more than
what ocn economy charges, which is 32000yen, you will get static ip service.

K.