Re: networking trouble

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 06:08:06PM +0900, B0Ti wrote:

> Now the funny thing is that it does the exact same thing as before. I even
> rebooted everything possible just to make sure.
> vmware and laptop can ping eachother.
> vmware cannot ping desktop which is its own gateway.

Hi BOTi,

I don't think that the problem is related to your network settings. I had
the same problem about a year ago when I setup vmware as a test. It turned
out to be an option on the install script. You can't configure it from
the vmware gui. I haven't got a reference system here, but I believe all
I did was re-run the install script for vmware and re-read the questions
it asked me. One of them turns this on/off. I think you could also hack
the text config files, but re-running the install script shouldn't harm
your virtual OS already. Just make sure it isn't running :)

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com
tom@example.com - Testing - http://nooper.co.jp/labs