From: Jean-Christian Imbeault [mailto:jean_christian@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 3:12 AM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: ISDN and windowsME

Ok, first off this is not a Linux related question. I:m just in a heap of
trouble and I figured someone on this list might be able to help me, seeing
it:s computer related and y'all know so much about 'puters and stuff.

Feel free to flame me or deny me a seat at tomorrow's nomikai.

But to make up for it I do offer a free beer to whoever can help?

I:ve just screwed up someone:s office LAN and I need to get back up ASAP
before they start getting *really* upset.

Basically it:s a LAN where all the PCs are running win98 and connected to a
hub which then connects to an ISDN TA which is connected to some FLETS
thing. I *have* no experience with ISDN and FLETS hence my predicament.

The problem is that I erased the network setting for a windowsME machine and

I can:t get back up on the LAN/internet. Help!

I:ve tried copying thw win98 settings into WinME but the win98 settings
(using ipconfig /all) say silly thing like the ip address of the machine is
0.0.0.0 and the DNS server is 255.255.255.255 ... and there is no defautl
gateway or anything else I am used to seeing.

Can someone help me out?

Jc

Next Technical Meeting:  Sat, May 12 13:30-
Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, June (TBA) 19:30- Tengu Tokyo Eki Mae