Re: ISDN and windowsME

Jean-Christian Imbeault (jean_christian@example.com) wrote:

> I:ve tried that but I don:t know what to set the DNS server to be ...

In your last post, we saw:

   DNS サーバー . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

So I'd try 192.168.0.1 :-)

but of course, you don't need DNS for DHCP to work, or
network connectivity, either.  If you can ping something outside
by its IP address, you know you're set.  The TLUG server is
on 203.216.1.67, so you can use that for a ping target.

> You:re absolutely correct. But if I set DHCP for the WinME box instead of
> setting it:s IP to 192.168.0.1 I get that it:s
>
> IP is 169.254.1.173
> Subnet: 255.255.0.0
> DHCP server: 255.255.255.255
> Default GW: (empty)
>
> Why the difference?

The other one you posted output from didn't have a default
gateway or an IP address.  The fact that this one does
have an IP address indicates that it must be finding a
a DHCP server and receiving a lease from it.  That's good.

Why the difference?  I dunno.  But the big question is, does
it have connectivity to:

1) other machines on its lan;
2) Machines on the Internet

Jonathan