Pine question

I use pine to read my email (no flames please ;) but I get a lot of admin
email I don't really need to read, I just need to know I got it (cron emails
mostly). I've written a small script that goes through my mail spool,
removes those emails and emails me if I didn't get an email I was expecting.

However I would still like to save those emails in the Pine folders I have
created for them. Would it be such a simple thing as just appending the
email to the end of the file Pine created?

I'm thinking it's not because Pine adds a first "special" email to the
begining of any mail folder ... I guess it hold some special index or
checksum or what-have-you.

Jc