Re: firewalling behind NAT?

Jonathan Q <jq@example.com> wrote:

>What happens if the cracker compromises the router?   Mmm-hmm,
>Houston, we have a problem :-)

True. I also have a firewall between me and my router. I use gol/e-access.
Which brings me to my question:

Does the router-type modem provided by have telnet access? It's my belief
that it doesn't. If a router doesn't have telnet access, doesn't that make
it that much more difficult to hack into?

My paranoia level is average, and I figure if you can't even telnet to my
router you'll have have a tough time hacking into my LAN. But that's just me

Jc