Re: Can't type fast!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Q" <jq@example.com>

> More info is necessary here.  Things like:
> What do you do after it freezes?  Hit Reset?  Drop power? ctrl-alt-del?

When it freezes, no ctrl-alt-del, no other botton works. So I keep the power
botton pushed for few seconds to turn the power off and then I turn it on
again as usually. After that I get lilo to select one of my two OSs(linux
and dos). Dos is okay but when I select
linux, it starts as usual like saying "Loading linux...........But after a
few [   OK    ]s
it goes something like the next line:
blah blah============================     70%
It's probably fixing something and 70% s being fixed or I don't know. At
some point
it nevet goes ahead. After a long waiting I install a fresh copy again.

> Why can't you boot Linux?  What happens?  Lilo freeze?  Something else?
>
> Can you boot Linux if the machine hasn't been frozen by sndconfig?
Yes I can, how do I start "sndconfig" then!!

> Can you boot Linux if you just hit reset when the machine isn't
> frozen (don't test this unless you've tested booting a rescue
> CD and no you can recover, unless you don't mind reinstalling if
> you can't recover with a rescue CD)?

Never did it.

> If you don't have a floppy you can boot a rescue CD (the Red Hat install
> CDs also have a rescue mode; if you have or can get a Linuxcare
> rescue CD, that's better yet).
I don't have a floppy. I've looked for the "rescue mode" in the linux book I
have but couldn't find anything. Could you please tell me what is it and how
to use it.

> And of course, as the above joke references, if you know that sndconfig
> will freeze your machine and break your boot process, then don't
> run sndconfig until you've found out why not.  If this is a Vaio
> issue, others have probably experienced it, too.  Search for
> something like vaio sndconfig on Google and see what you get.

> Jonathan

Yes I will. Thank you.

Liton