Re: XOM (was Re: XIM, kinput2 & Tk)

    >> They screwed the pooch on LC_CTYPE

    Peter> But I'm not aware of how any of this is related to
    Peter> Linux. Hope this dumb message of mine hasn't screwed
    Peter> anybody's pooch.

Japanese does not work "out of the box" on Linux, any distro.  You
need a good admin hanging about to keep the natural behavior of even
users who can and do RTFM from breaking it (eg by installing a new and
interesting Japanized package).  You need an I18N guru hanging about
to have any hope of getting your new app to work reliably even on the
(nonexistent) standard-conformant systems, let alone the hodge-podges
that you can actually download from the 'net.

This thread is about why that is and what we OSS developers should do
about it.

Now I'd like a concise explanation from the CCNAs about the relevance
of Cisco 2611 configuration to Linux....