Re: XOM (was Re: XIM, kinput2 & Tk)

I haven't a clue what a(n) XOM is, but:

> A couple of hundred years ago in Engish, most
> "s" characters looked sort of like "f", but an
> "s" at the end of a word or one of the "s"
> characters in an "ss" pair (forgot whether it
> was the first or second) looked like a modern "s".

That's a bit of an oversimplification, but I for one don't have the
knowledge to put it right. What I can say is that the "long s" is a
separate grapheme in Unicode, and you can stick it in a web page as
ſ. Marrovfact, I did just that in various places on
http://hoary.org/snaps/engl/wimpinu.html (original, too small to read,
at http://hoary.org/snaps/engl/wi/wimp111v.jpg ).

> They screwed the pooch on LC_CTYPE

But I'm not aware of how any of this is related to Linux. Hope this
dumb message of mine hasn't screwed anybody's pooch.