RE: bug/tracking system

    Scott> well, ok, but you could make your web interface work with
    Scott> lynx... although how often does that really come up?

For me?  Every day.  I don't use graphical browsers if I can avoid
them.

    Scott> So, if you had your way about it, how would YOU write a bug
    Scott> tracking system that makes all the cross-platform kids
    Scott> happy?

Create an extensible logical protocol, probably in XML.  Then write an
engine to parse that and create HTML for the toddlers.

It wouldn't be that much harder than writing the HTML directly.  But
HTML is an inherently noisy medium from the point of parsing, much of
the logical relations are implied by spatial relations.  And it's
those spatial relations that web designers concentrate on, normally to
the detriment of the logical content.  You can't easily do the inverse.