Re: Cisco 2611 2nd thread

Scott Stone (SStone@example.com) wrote:

> NAT, not publicly routable IPs for the dial-in pool.  It doesn't scale, and
> it presents security issues.

Natting dial pools tends to break stuff, and puts a lot more overhead
on your access servers.  Some games just plain need a routable
IP address to work (sorry, don't remember which), and NAT puts
more work on your access servers.  I don't know any ISP who NATs
their dial pool, and wouldnt' want to use one that did.
Do you know anybody who does (so I can make sure to never sign
up there :-)  ?

Anyone, announcing a /24 is unroutable in a lot of places anyway :-)

Jonathan