Re: Cisco 2611 2nd thread

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Jonathan Q wrote:

> I'm curious, what's he using for a router now?

He's using an old Ascend Pipeline 130 up until now.

> In this case you will have to write your access lists so that
> they specifically deny access only to those IPs on which
> the servers reside, except for the ports that need to be
> open.  As noted above, you can write access lists that do
> this on a per-IP basis, so you can say "Allow connections
> to w.x.y.z on port 25, deny connections to w.x.y.z on any other port."
> For example.  I'd recommend allowing ssh connections, too.

Oh, ok. It's simpler to deny access on a per IP basis, it's
actually quite the only possibility in my case.

So, I'll be using only one ethernet interface and in case he'll
get some more IP once, we'd be able to put them on the other
interface.

And of course ssh will be allowed to the servers, too :)

SVEN