Samba on 7.1 not working :(

Ok, silly question, but I have a problem.

I have samba installed on my RH 7.1 machine and even though I am certain the
config file is fine, I can't get a connection going from my win2k machine.

I'm pretty sure it's because my RH machine isn't listening on the right port
or isn't allowing connection of the right port.

The samba machine is visible from the network neighbourhood. The message I
get from Windows when I try to connect is:

\\Intranet the account is not authorized to log in from this station

ON the RH side I don't get any lof messages at all.

Any clues?

Jc

PS just in case here is my smb.conf file

[global]

   netbios name = INTRANET
   workgroup = HMVJAPAN
   server string = Samba on %L
#   hosts allow = 10. localhost

# this tells Samba to use a separate log file for each machine
# that connects
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log

   max log size = 50

[data]