Re: Cisco 2611 as a firewall?

> Cisco's CLI is super easy to deal with as well.  Yeah, really, a
> user-friendly CLI, imagine that :)

BTW, have you heard of anything like a cisco simulator that will spit
out linux configuration files (iptables, etc.). I skimmed the iptables
documentation last week and it had me gasping for breath.

> >Secondly, a Cisco router has almost no moving parts - one fan and that's
> >it. Everything is solid-state.
>
> That's a good point. But to be honest I can't say I've had that many Linux
> boxes crash on me, so I'd say they're pretty stable. And even if they did
> crash, flip the switch and it's usually back up again unless it's a hard
> disk crash or something similar.

I remember reading that once a beowulf cluster reaches a certain size
you can expect to have one machine fail every day.

Darren