iptables - bah!!

ok, so I have 5 IPs, and I have some DNAT stuff going on so that anything
coming in to 64.175.231.203, for example, gets sent to 192.168.81.5, my
webserver.

However, on the firewall box, if I do:

tcpdump -i eth0 host 64.175.231.203

(eth0 is the outside interface), I dont see any of the packets that come IN,
only the packets that go OUT.  It's like anything in the nat table bypasses
whatever kernel resource that allows tcpdump to see packets.

Better yet, the "-j LOG" target isn't supported in the NAT table!  what am I
to do about this?