Re: Source of virus.

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 01:46:37AM +0900 Yong-Ming P.Hua :

>Well I have to use NT, Win2000, 98, even 95, and turbolinux and slackware. My
>students got this virus and the virus is causing a hell of a trouble right now.

> No way to get out of Office on campus you know...

I remember when the i love virus hit my university's busisiness administration
dept. First, most of the machines were wiped, secondly they were using Exchange
and had lots and lots of trouble to get all the infected mails off their
mail spools.

At the CS dept. we were ROTFL. All clients Linux and cleaning (as a
service to those doing S/IMAP, S/POP ) was a small shell-script that
iterated over all user's Maildirs and removed infected mail. 5min job.
--

	Oliver M. Bolzer
	oliver@example.com

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761  018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF