RE: Cisco 2611 as a firewall?

well Jonathan, yes and no.... a border router would theoretically be paired
with a firewall and/or a core router, at an ISP, but this seems like a very
small-scale ISP on a limited budget.  You don't *necessarily* want to allow
all traffic in.

Especially considering that a C2611 has *two* ethernets plus the capability
to connect up to two T1 CSU/DSU modules or four T1s via external CSU/DSU
(actually you could do more via the large expansion bay, but I wouldn't
trust a C2611's MPC860 CPU to handle more than two T1s anyway).

So you could have Ethernet0/1 be a "DMZ" of sorts for the ISP's servers, and
limit traffic into that.

oh and you could block the AOL IM ports there too, if you wanted to be
evil[1]

[1] who doesn't?

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Senior Technical Consultant - UNIX and Networking
Taos, the Sysadmin Company - Santa Clara, CA