Re: Linux with Windows2000

Liton,

Sounds suspiciously like a VAIO (sorry missed the first part of the thread).
You could alternatively go into /etc, and vi lilo.conf directly (make sure
to run 'lilo -v' as root to commit the changes afterwards). You'd need to
add an 'append="ide2=0x180,0x386"' to the line of the image that you are
interested in.

for example:

image=/boot/blah.2.2
  label=blah
  boot=/dev/hda5
  read-only
  append="ide2=0x180,0x386"

linuxconf is nice, but lilo.conf is where it is eventually going.

>You know I'm very new to Linux and I could hardly find linuxconf and I
>couldn't figure out where to put "ide2=0x180,0x386". If you have the time
>PLEASE send
>me an easy explanation how to do this. Thanks.

Hope this helps.

Bryan Mark