VMware firewall

Im setting up IP Masquerading and firewall to work with my DSL
connection. I know its not very efficient, but i would like to do it
inside a virtual machine. It would save a lot of disk space and
maintenance hassles.

Just wondered if anyone has done this before. Even outside vmware, is it
advisable to use aliased IPs for this? I can use 2 NICs, but since its
only 1.6Mbps, I thought aliases should be able to handle it.

Thanks in advance,

A.Sajjad Zaidi