Re: SCSI cdrom boot problem

B0Ti wrote:

> I had a similar problem after I upgraded my machine. During the bootup
> sequence the cdrom doesn't have enough time to spin up, so the bios starts
> booting from the harddrive. This is the only time I found the Pause key
> handy.

That might be a workaround, but I still think the Adaptec card is defective.

> Bruno Raoult wrote:
>
> > The Bios is supposed to boot first on CDROM, then on SCSI device (I
> > tried also to boot first on SCSI, with the same success).

I would consider booting first on CD to be an experiment, since the average
BIOS probably means an ATAPI (IDE) CD for that setting.  I think that
booting first on SCSI should do what you told the SCSI card to do.

> > The adaptec card is configured to boot on ID #3, but ignores it and
> > boots on the hard disk (#1)

I consider that a gross defect in the Adaptec card, and would demand a
repair or refund.