SCSI cdrom boot problem

Hi,

I currently use SUSE 6.3, and with to upgrate to 7.1. I thought I should
just insert the boot CD
into the drive, reboot, etc...

It appears it is not so simple, as the Adaptec detects the CD is
bootable, but simply goes on
booting the hard-drive.

Here is my hardware config:
Hard disk 1 (boot): SCSI #1
Hard disk 2: SCSI #2
CD 1: SCSI #3 (my adaptec card is supposed to boot on ID #3)
CD-R 1: SCSI #4
No floppy drive (of course!)

Previously, the boot disk was SCSI #0, and I thought is was the problem
(some cards are
known to ignore the boot ID number if there is a #0 ID). But changing to
ID #1 did not
change anything.

The Bios is supposed to boot first on CDROM, then on SCSI device (I
tried also to boot
first on SCSI, with the same success).
The adaptec card is configured to boot on ID #3, but ignores it and
boots on the hard
disk (#1)

My questions are (one answer is enough to solve my pb!):

1) What could be the reason the system does not boot on the CD?
Switching the CD to
  ID #0 could be a solution? Is there some Bios setup that I could have
missed?

Or:

2) Is it possible to configure lilo, to make the root partition on the
CD? (in /suse/inst-sys
  directory?
  I tried (in lilo.conf): other=/dev/scd0, but lilo reports
   "Sorry, don't know how to handle device 0x0b00"

Thank you.

Bruno.

PS. Maybe I could just copy the /cdrom/suse/inst-sys directory somewhere
else, and
add a "root=" line in my lilo.conf, but I am not sure it works...