Re: How much space needed for a web server install?

Scott Stone wrote:

> However, if you'll notice, this board doesn't use a KT133 or KT133A chipset,
> it uses an AMD761 chipset (the AMD-made DDR chipset) :)

But it is using the suspicous VIA southbridge, right ?
And the article also states, that
"Not only the KT133 and KT133A are affected. Even with the AMD-761 Northbridge
there are transfer errors. Setting UDMA/33, Multiword DMA or even PIO mode
does not resolve this Problems in every case."

For testing Boards they used the following (DOS) Script [Translated to english]:

set source=f:\somewhere
set destination=i:\temp
set file=\big.zip
:start
copy /b %source%%file% %destination% > nul
fc /b %source%%file% %destination%%file%
if errorlevel==1 goto error
goto start
:error
echo Error!

Where source and destination should be on different hard disks.
And you have to maintain PCI-Bus load by for example playing an MP3 at the
same time.
But: "with some boards it took a few hours for the error to occur"

I would assume you could do the same test with linux

--
Tobias
nya~ni ?