Re: How much space needed for a web server install?

Scott Stone wrote:

> and an ATA/100 controller.  It uses the AMD 761 chipset and a VIA 686B
> Southbridge, all of which Linux tends to get along with pretty well.  I got

The VIA Southbridge is supposed to have some problems though.
Under high pci bus load, the ide interface may corrupt your hard drive...

VIA has aknowledged the Problem and states that this
problem is limited to boards which use the AMD KT133 or KT133A chipset and the
VIA 686B Southbridge and additionally a PCI Soundcard.

The only real solution to the Problem seems to be to disable the onboard IDE
Controller and use a PCI IDE adapter card.

(Source: c't 10/2001 (german computer magazine))

--
Tobias
nya~ni ?