Linux NFS weirdness

OK, so I decided to go and edit /etc/default/inetinit on my Solaris box and
change TCP_STRONG_ISS to 2.  which makes the TCP sequence prediction "truly
random", according to nmap.  So, everything is going great, until I boot my
athlon into Linux and it tries to mount /export/home from the Solaris box.
Just HANGS.  I specified "nfsvers=3,tcp" in /etc/fstab, and I haven't really
done any debugging past that, but I was just now thinking about it and
wondered if any of you had seen this behavior?  The athlon is running a
2.4.4 kernel, and it worked with "nfsvers=3,tcp" before making the
strong_iss change.

I'll try running it with UDP and see if that helps, and I'll see if the
FreeBSD box has the same problem, but.. wanted to bounce it off y'all too.