Re: How much space needed for a web server install?

Scott Stone wrote:

> btw, that 1267mhz DDR t-bird (256 megs ram) can compile a kernel in 3 min 40
> sec.  that's the combined time for "make bzImage" and "make modules".  might
> be faster if I had an ATA/100 disk, but mine's just a lowly ATA/66.

With 256 MB RAM, you don't need an ATA/100 disk, you just need to put your
swap partition in a ramdisk  ^_^

(Of course 256 MB RAM wouldn't be enough to try playing silly games like
that if you were running Windows 2000, but you're not, you're running Linux.
So surely all of the compiler's temporary files will fit in that amount of
RAM?)