Another thing... Boot Sector

Another thing I forgot to include in the previous message.  Is it possible
to extract a linux partition's boot sector?  My linux resides on a
/dev/hdb2, but whenever I try to extract the boot sector (to allow NT Loader
to boot the partition), I seem to get no output.  Is it impossible to
extract a boot sector from a secondary HDD?  I'm using the following command
to extract:

dd if=/dev/hdb2 bs=512 count=1 of=bootsect.lin

My secondary HDD looks like this:

[swap partition/200mb] [ext2/9.8gb]