Re: How much space needed for a web server install?

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 05:20:17PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Er, where do you get that number?

booga:~/src/sets/binary/sets$ gzip -l base.tgz
compressed  uncompr. ratio uncompressed_name
 17552016  41338880  57.5% base.tar

That'll get you a machine that boots and runs daemons.  No compiler, but
for a truly minimal application (like a firewall) you shouldn't have
a compiler on the machine anyway.

> I don't consider a system without manpages "operational." Chris, I'm
> shocked, SHOCKED, to hear that you might. :-)

*snicker* I can't remember the last time I viewed a manpage on the firewall
box.

> I assume that's basically the state of your "fully operational" NetBSD?

Nope.  The only things that are missing are documentation, bsd games, ?roff,
and the compiler.

Neat, huh?

-- Chris