Re: rc.d question

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 08:17:09AM -0000, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:
> Secondly am I right in assuming that the only thing I need to do to get
> apache up an running at boot time is to add the proper S15httpd symlink in
> the rc3.d dir?

The easiest way to create the appropriate symlinks is use
'chkconfig':
  checkconfig httpd on
(which will create an S85httpd symlink, based on the magic line
at the top of /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd).

Or, for a GUI, by using 'ntsysv' to control which services are
automatically started.

But yes, all that you need is the symlink.  (I'd suggest doing
it later in the startup process than '15' implies... you
probably want it started after named for example...)

--
Jim Tittsler
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/