rc.d question

I tought a server installation of RH 7.1 would automatically configure
apache to start up at boot time. But this is not the case ...

I've looked through all of the rc[1-6].d dirs for an httpd start link but
none exists, although under rc3.d there is a K15httpd.

For learning purpsose, why is there a KILL link for something that has no
START link?

Secondly am I right in assuming that the only thing I need to do to get
apache up an running at boot time is to add the proper S15httpd symlink in
the rc3.d dir?

Thanks!

Jc