Re: Looking for c source code to generate cvs passwords

Stephen Turnbull wrote:
> For Anthony, the sensible thing to do is to use the ext server with
> ssh, and set the group of untrusted users to something innocuous.  The
> only problem I can think of is if he's got a OSF/1 server or Mac
> users, our gikans were claiming that (a) ssh doesn't compile on that
> OS and (b) there are no decent ssh packages for the Mac (I think
> "decent" meant "free beer" free).

http://www.macssh.com/FAQ.html

claims that you can do CVS over SSH (SSH2 only, unfortunately) on a Mac. I
haven't tried it myself, though. What has never been available on the Mac,
strangely, is scp. How do security-conscious Mac users send files around
these days, anyway?

FWIW, Mac OS X includes the command-line version of ssh. This I've tried,
and it seems to work normally. Japanese display doesn't work because OS X
doesn't seem to come with any terminal program that supports double-byte
characters, but that isn't ssh's fault.

Shimpei.