Re: Problem with dislaying Japanese in X

Quoting B0Ti <9915104t@example.com>:

> rpm -qa |grep locale

Nada, but

> also take a look into the /usr/share/locale/ja* dir
> (or /usr/lib/locale/ja* depending on your distro),
> and check for LC_* files.

:root@example.com; ls /usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/
GConf.mo           gftp.mo              gnome-utils.mo  make.mo
Xconfigurator.mo   ggv.mo               gnome-vfs.mo    mc.mo
authconfig.mo      gimp-libgimp.mo      gnomeicu.mo
mouseconfig.mo
bonobo.mo          gimp-perl.mo         gnorpm.mo
rhn_register.mo
bug-buddy.mo       gimp-script-fu.mo    gnotepad+.mo    rpm.mo
chkconfig.mo       gimp-std-plugins.mo  gnumeric.mo
sharutils.mo
control-center.mo  gimp.mo              gnupg.mo
sndconfig.mo
control-panel.mo   gjiten.mo            gqview.mo       tar.mo
dia.mo             glade.mo             grep.mo
textutils.mo
ee.mo              gnome-applets.mo     gtk+.mo
timeconfig.mo
eog.mo             gnome-core.mo        gtkhtml.mo
up2date.mo
fileutils.mo       gnome-games.mo       gtop.mo
util-linux.mo
freeciv.mo         gnome-libs.mo        kbdconfig.mo    xchat.mo
gdm.mo             gnome-media.mo       kudzu.mo        xmms.mo
gedit.mo           gnome-pim.mo         libc.mo
gfloppy.mo         gnome-print.mo       libgtop.mo

:root@example.com; ls /usr/share/locale/ja_JP.eucJP/LC_MESSAGES/

tcsh

Japanese *was* working fine. I have no idea what happened.

"No segfault, no problem."

Josh Glover
jmglov@example.com