Re: Looking for c source code to generate cvs passwords

Anthony,

The passwords in CVS are the same as the passwords
in /etc/password (or rather /etc/shadow).
I have always done it by creating a Unix user
and copying the crypt'ed password into the CVS password
file. This could get old pretty fast, though.

So, if you can figure out how to generate normal crypt'ed
passwords, you are there. The source for /sbin/passwd, maybe?
Or PAM.

I never needed that many user accounts for CVS, as we just
used a few shared accounts on a project by project basis,
plus one with full access and one with readonly access.
This loses the information about who was the last person
to check things in, but that wasn't a problem for us,
and it keeps the administration of user accounts/permissions
to a minimum.

Regards,
Jake