Re: Firewall setting

>>>>> "Shimpei" == Shimpei Yamashita <shimpei@example.com> writes:

    Shimpei>  junk

Probably only shows up that way in VM, but I got a kick out of it.

    >> Jonathan Byrne wrote:

    >> Before I get answer, please start a new thread when
    >> changing topics, don't just change the subject.  For

There you go again.

Personally, I prefer to put up with this kind of case (where it is
purely gratuitous) to losing context when a thread forks.  YMMV.

    >> those with email clients that do threading, it creates an ugly
    >> mess if you don't.

It's not bad if you use humble-but-correct threading, as in Netscape
pre-v4

		http://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html

and also sort on subject.  Unfortunately, hbc-threading is not
available on any mailer I know of any more.  (Maybe Netscape has gone
back to it more recently?)  I'm going to fix that for emacsen, one of
these days. :-)

    Shimpei> The References: method is slower and can become confused
    Shimpei> by messages from broken MUA's and non-conforming
    Shimpei> participants, but it gives you more information than the
    Shimpei> former.

It's not slower once initialized, and needn't be very slow even when
initializing a large mbox file (Jamie reports some timings for
spectacularly large folders).  hbc threading is pretty hard to
confuse, too.

Traditional threaded summaries are pretty bogus for large trees
anyway, since they insist on displaying a depth-first traversal.  It's
scandalous we don't have anything better yet, trn came out in like 1985?