cutting and pasting into vim in a kterm

Hello,

I use vim in a kterm but can't for the life of me cut from another
application and paste into vim.  I am able to if I run vim in a
gnome-terminal but as soon as I use kterm with vim, all I get is a '>'
if I try to paste anything in.

I'm specifically refering to using vim with mutt.  I can paste an
address or subject line into mutt, but as soon as vim comes up to
compose the message, that facility stops.  Cutting and pasting in X on
all other applications is fine, it's just this combination of vim and kterm.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Joss