Re: PS2 Linux

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 01:04:40AM +0900
Yamagata Hiroo wrote:

> Well, the petition seems to have worked!
>
> http://www.mainichi.co.jp/digital/computing/archive/200104/27/3.html
>
> I wonder how usable it is, just a raw environment or what? And the display
> seems to be VGA. Hmmm...

Thanks everybody for signing!
(FYI: I am runngin the English page of the petition)

There are dmesg outputs and X screen-shots up on the "PS2 Linux Kit" site
http://www.jp.playstation.com/linux/

The screen-shot makes it look like a normal workstation. Wonder how fast
it is. My Dreamcast is autobuilding Debian packages most of the time and
it takes about 1 hour to build GnuPG. Don't wand to even think about
glibc and/or X.

# An yes, I want there to be a Debian/PS2 :-)

--

	Oliver M. Bolzer
	oliver@example.com

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761  018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF

PGP signature