About burning a linux dist on CD

Hi, is there a way you can burn a bootable Linux CD using Windows?

I've checked out "Burning a RedHat CD HOWTO" at
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/RedHat-CD-HOWTO.html
but obviously this is for people with burner working under Linux..
I have an USB CD-R which only seems to work under Win (I don't
really want to upgrade to kernel 2.4 just for this).

So I was wondering if anyone has done this or has a good idea of
how to do this.

Can I just burn the copy of the directory structure to the CD and the
boot.img at the root without worrying about permissions of the files...?

Thanks in advance.

-mune