Re: fdisk98 & Debian

>>>>> "cs" == Christopher Sekiya <wileyc@example.com> writes:

    cs> On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 03:10:02PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull
    cs> wrote:

    >> Anybody know what's up with this idiocy?  I don't need no
    >> steenkin' fdisk for a NEC PC98, and I don't see why it would be
    >> "required base", and it's trying to overwrite my real fdisk.

    cs> *smirk* Perhaps the new debian release coordinator has an
    cs> agenda? :)

Jeez, if you're just going to post disgusting and unbelievably insane
stuff, I'm going to respond in kind.

If you want to completely control XIM from the app (eg, so you can
have different start henkan sequences for different apps), you would
read the XIM's config file to find out its start henkan sequence (I
told you I was going to be disgusting).  When you receive the app's
start henkan sequence, you open the XIM, install a filter on the
keyboard that _does not_ pass the XIM's start henkan sequence (so you
can retain it), and when you want to start henkan, uninstall the
filter, install one that passes everything, and send yourself the
XIM's start henkan sequence as a series of synthetic keyboard events.

Isn't that just gross?  And it might actually work.  Yuck!!