Re: ADSL problems with LAN hub

Jerome Limozin (jerome@example.com) wrote:

> Also, although this particular ADSL modem provides some filtering capabilities,
> I don't trust it and I prefer to have a second line of defense.

And a third.  Defense in depth is important.  Run a firewall. Run NAT.
Secure your boxes as well as you would if each one was hanging out on
a global IP.  Keep your packages up-to-date for bugfixes.  Use tough
passwords.  Never have a single point of failure in your defenses.
That way, if you ever get cracked, you'll at least have the satisfaction
of knowing it was somebody good, and they had to work for it, not
just some script kiddie :-)

Jonathan