Re: ADSL problems with LAN hub

>From: jwb@example.com (Jim Breen)
>To: tlug@example.com
>Subject: Re: ADSL problems with LAN hub
>Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:19:34 +0900 (JST)
>Uh. Both using the same IP address? Does your ADSL provide multiple IP
>addresses on demand?

Actaully in order to rule out any PC-PC problems I am trying with just on PC
connected to the hub right now ... It uses DHCP.

>Back in Oz I have a hub downsteam from my cable modem. It works fine
>ONLY because I have subscribed for a second IP address. If I hadn't done
>that (and paid for it - about Y650/mo extra) the server upstream would
>have ignored further DHCP requests once it had served out the first one.
>Perhaps this is what is happening to you.

Could be ... but I called gol and the tech support said he couldn't
(wouldn't?) help me but that it *could* be done ...

>The other way is use IP masquerading. The Buffalo "router"/modem does this
>AFAIK. Is this what you are trying to do?

Just want the two PCs on my LAN to use my ADSL router ... nothing fancy.

Jc