Re: jvim

Tobias Diedrich asked:

> How do I switch jvim-canna into japanese input mode ?

I don't know, because I've been testing recent development versions of vim
6.0 and it's almost working.  In my experience, gvim 6.0z handled Japanese
including hankaku katakana even under gnome, somehow even overcoming GTK's
bugs.  Support for XIM is built-in, if you set options correctly in the
Makefile.  In either insert mode or the colon's command prompt mode,
shift-space turns XIM on and off.  In visual command mode (i.e. when
individual letters do things, i.e. beep mode :-) XIM is automatically
disabled.  Download yours today.

Yours sincerely,
Norman Diamond