Re: Keyboard

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 05:37:00AM +0900, SN_Diamond wrote:

> A USB to PS/2 adapter cannot work for a keyboard because the protocol is
> more complicated and the scancodes for keys differ between USB keyboards
> and PS/2 keyboards.

*chuckle* Want to bet?  I have such an adapter.  If it did not work, I would
not be able to type this.  Most (all?) of the USB keyboards that I've seen
include such an adapter.

The protocols are different, yes, but the keyboard can tell what it's plugged
into and adjusts its behaviour accordingly.

-- Chris