Re: ATOK messed up after XF86-4.0.2 upgrade

    cs> Agreed, but it doesn't seem to be in keeping with the GNU
    cs> philosophy.  It's not stated anywhere, but GNU projects seem
    cs> to expand to fill all possible niches.  Emacs is a good
    cs> example.

<hanpatsu tone="FREEZING">
Emacs is a bad example.  ;-)
</hanpatsu>

Users should be allowed to choose GNOME or KDE or [X]Emacs or BASIC
POKE() as their environment as they choose.  I live in XEmacs, but
YMMV (and in the case of Pervects like Chris, PLCMDV; I'm cool with
that!)

<tirade force="10">
But there is no excuse for a /bin/true with a --version switch.  If
you need more efficiency than "echo >/bin/true exit(0);" gives, write
a sh that does inlining for Richard's sake!

Or a version of 2.0.11.

Or a copyright of year 2000.
</tirade>

Sorry to steal your rant, Steve!