Meadow: Can't display Japanese characters

    Philip> I have been trying without success to get Meadow to
    Philip> display Japanese characters properly on my Win98
    Philip> machine. I am seeing empty square boxes instead of the
    Philip> characters.

AFAIK Meadow is still experimental software.  I have no idea whether
the development is active at the moment.  You'd be better off trying
to fix the problem with the Meadow mailing list, unless you get very
lucky: I have never heard of any Meadow users on this list.

Why do you need Meadow?  In what ways are GNU Emacs/NT or XEmacs for
NT insufficient?

    Philip> But when I Shift-LeftClick in Meadow, I get a small menu
    Philip> with "Font" and "Fontset" on it.

Those are X-specific; I don't know what they're doing there.  Bad juju.