Re: [despammed] Re: Linux-to-Linux copying?

On 16-Mar-2001 Christopher SEKIYA wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 05:10:46PM +0900, Peter Evans wrote:
>
>> A Beckettian non-dialogue, or a monologue written,
>> Japanese-schoolgirl-style, one line per sentence?
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of Jay's side of the conversation.  There
> might not have been one, though -- Theo's conversational style is a lot like
> what you saw in the log.
>
> There's a lot more along these lines in the misc@example.com archive.  Jay
> certainly wasn't an angel -- openbsd.com was a rather poorly-thought-out
> parody site.  The actions of the openbsd crew, however, were reprehensible.
>
>> Interesting to read this in conjunction with
>> http://www.theos.com/dispute.html
>
> Things like this seem to happen to/around Theo quite frequently.  Just
> another reason to stay far, far away from his projects.

I still don't see what his personality has to do with the software. Does the
fact that Theo is an asshole make OpenSSH lower quality? Is it that much of an
issue that you would prefer a closed-source alternative?
Stuart Luppescu         -=-=-  University of Chicago
$(B:MJ8$HCRF`H~$NIc(B        -=-=-  s-luppescu@example.com
http://www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl.html
http://musuko.uchicago.edu/pubkey.asc for PGP Public Key
ICQ #21172047  AIM: psycho7070
Wasting time is an important part of living.