Re: [despammed] Your PC crashed?

> You'll find the solution there:
>
> http://www.yaromat.com/macos8/index.htm

It's a golden oldie by now. Even more fun than running it on your
friends' computers is to find the rare, publicly accessible computer
that's connected to the net without a proxy server (etc?) limiting
destinations, and to run it on that. But don't try it in Epson Plaza (on
the main drag in Akihabara) because, pushing my luck, I already did so
on one of their laptops a few months ago. It worked like a charm: the
second that the "unloading" screen was finished, I called over an Epson
employee, saying that I thought something might be amiss. He looked at
the screen with its smiley faces and at me in disbelief, and, his voice
trembling slightly, asked if I had indeed installed . . . well, if you
look at the site, you'll understand. I savored the bewilderment for
about twenty sadistic seconds, and then let him in on the secret, for
which he thanked me with a big smile.

--
Peter Evans <peter@example.com>