Printing Kanji (was Re: How to create kanji TIFFs?)

    Paolo> A side iusse: I tried to print a EUC-JP coded text with
    Paolo> Xemacs 21 that was showed perfectly on the screen: I used
    Paolo> ps-print-buffer but I got only rubbish. How can I do?

Use GNU Emacs.  GNU doesn't have a character type, so they have this
recurring \201 bug (it's shown up at least 7 separate times since I
started with Mule in 1995 -- it's dormant now, but like the Terminator
"I'll be back" ;-).  In return for that, most of the time ps-print
works.  Unclean design and coding practices have their compensations
(it also doesn't hurt that their version of Mule has 4 full-time
programmers working on it).

We can't port this easily because it uses unclean coding techniques
throughout the Mule portion of the code.  Maybe for the September
release of XEmacs 22.0.