Re: DNS woes

For information's sake the problem was that I wasn't logged in from the
console. I telneted into Linux from a "nameless" windows machine and was
pinging of a telnet console. It seems that this was causing the problem.

I solved it by adding the ip address of the machine I telnet from into
/etc/hosts

>Learn why DNS is a good thing.

I'm trying :) Too many things to learn at once. I would be happy to hear
your views on why DNS is good.

>Properly configure your name server.

I guess I forgot to mention that it's not my nameserver but that I use my
ISP's.

Thanks for the help!

Jc