Re: How to create kanji TIFFs?

>> From: ulrike@example.com
>>
>> So I went back to the perl-version and tried:
>>
>> > (b) longer term, pass the gif through another utility like gif2png,
>> > then do the pngtopnm/pnmtotiff chain. You may have to grab gif2png from
>> > somewhere, and also install libpng, although I think it's fairly
>> > standard these days. You need to see a parameter to tell gif2png to
>> > ignore errors.
>>
>> I tried to "use option -r to recover 1 complete image", but still got:
>>
>> 	 gif2png: EOF / read error on image data

Yes, but it still creates the .png, despite whimpering about the error.
(I wish they'd put in a -q option.)

If your .gif is transparent, you'll probably have to replace the
background with a real colour.

Jim
--
Jim Breen  [jwb@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Visiting Professor, Institute for the Study of Languages and Cultures of