Re: IPChains rules

Thanks.

Actually I forgot about the default policy. Once I did

/sbin/ipchains -P input -j DENY

everything worked like I wanted it to.

I also installed iptables (and a new kernel) on another machine and although the
syntax is slightly different, it worked.

Now the only thing is finding out which service accesses which ports. I still cant
figure out ftp.
Secure Shell works with the following:

#Allow outgoing ssh
ipchains -A input -s $MY_IP -d 0.0.0.0/0 22 -p tcp -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A input -s 0.0.0.0/0 22 -d $MY_IP -p tcp -j ACCEPT

If ftp is allowed, it connects, but cant get any data or even a listing.

A.Sajjad Zaidi