Re: Recommended Video Capture Card

Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:

> Have looked up the supported hardware list,
> but would like to learn more for your experience.
> Also looking for some feedback about some relatively
> newer card such as Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-PCI.

I personally would not recommend the Hauppauge WinTV PCI Card, because
that's the one I have and the picture Quality is not that good (too much
noise in the captured signal).
I also know the Elsa Erazor III (nVidia TNT2 based GFX card with Video
I/O), which has better picture quality but other Problems
(linux nvidia tv i/o drivers are work in progress)

I don't know wether the lacking picture Quality of the WinTV is a inherent
Problem of the BT87x chip or if it's just bad design of the card.
It would suspect the latter one.

-- Tobias